07 理财
07 理财
“月光”一族
dialogue
ellen often feels short of money though she has a nice salary.
尽管艾伦收入不菲,但她总是觉得缺钱。
nick: hey, ellen. it's time to get off work. we are going to have dinner together. do you want to come along?
尼克:嘿,艾伦,下班了。我们要去吃晚饭,你一起去吗?
ellen: i'd like to, but i'm really skint this month.
艾伦:我很想去,但是我真的身无分文了。
nick: hmm? our salaries were paid only half a month ago.
尼克:嗯?我们的工资刚发半个月呀。
ellen: let's not talk about it. i'm a typical moonlight clan. after i got my salary, i had to pay the rent, eat out with my friends and go shopping. i didn't even realize that i had made away with my money.
艾伦:别提了。我是个典型的“月光族”。拿到工资后,我要付房租,和朋友吃饭,还要购物。我甚至都没有意识到钱竟然花光了。
nick: so you mean you often live from paycheck to paycheck?
尼克:你的意思是你经常把每个月的工资花个精光?
ellen: yes. so i have to overdraw my credit card.
艾伦:是啊,因此我不得不透支信用卡。
nick: oh, ellen, i have to say that you must learn how to manage your money, or else you won't fill your stomach in the next days.
尼克:噢,艾伦,我不得不说你必须要学会理财了,否则剩下的日子你就要食不果腹了。
ellen: i know it. but i always consume in an impulsive way.
艾伦:我知道,但是我总是冲动消费。
notes
1. skint [skint] adj. 身无分文的,穷光蛋的
2. moonlight clan 月光族
3. make away with 携……而逃;除去,杀死;浪费掉;吃掉
4. paycheck ['peit?ek] n. 薪水支票,工资
5. overdraw ['?uv?'dr?:] v. 透支;夸大
6. impulsive [im'p?lsiv] adj. 冲动的,任性的;n.(引起冲动的)原因
小贴士
怎样才能不做“月光族”?
1. save little and often
存小钱,常存钱
2. read personal finance blogs
阅读个人理财博客
by reading about others' tips and success to adopt good financial habits.
通过阅读其他人的小技巧和成功经验学会理财。
3. keep a spending log and savings log
分别建立一个花钱日志和储蓄日志
4. save towards a specific goal
为自己设立一个具体目标
having a very clear goal in mind can make it much easier to save up.
一个非常明确的目标可以让你的省钱计划更加易行。
5. automate your savings
自动化你的储蓄
get your bank to transfer 800 yuan (or 1000 yuan)from your checking account into a savings account, at the start of each month.
让你的银行在每月的第一天自动把支票账户里的800元(或1000元)转到储蓄账户中。
欢欢喜喜去存钱
dialogue
on ellen's way to bank, she comes across nick.
在去银行的路上,艾伦碰到了尼克。
nick: hey, ellen. where are you going?
尼克:嘿,艾伦。你要去哪里?
ellen: i'm going to the bank of china.
艾伦:我要去中国银行。
nick: pay off the overdraft and interest of your credit card?
尼克:去还透支的信用卡和利息吗?
ellen: oh, please don't judge a person by what he used to be. i am going to save some money in my account.
艾伦:噢,请不要拿老眼光看人。我是要在我的账户上存些钱。
nick: save money? are you kidding? i don't think you have any money to save. didn't you say you always live from paycheck to paycheck?
尼克:存钱?你开玩笑吧?我觉得你根本没钱可存。你不是说自己是个月光族吗?
ellen: yeah, i used to be, but now i am wise in money matters. i began to make a selfreflection two months ago, which helps me curb spending and think twice about each purchase.
艾伦:是的,我以前是,但是现在我很会理财呢。两个月前我开始自我反省,这让我在购物时学会了克制,会三思而后行。
nick: i am glad to hear that you have been an expert on money.
尼克:很高兴听到你成了理财专家。
ellen: i opened a saving-account last month to save some money for a rainy day. but i also know we shouldn't work just to save, we also should live life to the full.
艾伦:我上个月开了个储蓄账户,存些钱以备不时之需。但是我也知道我们不应该只为了存钱而工作,我们还应该享受生活。
nick: aha, by the way, how much will you save every month?
尼克:啊哈,顺便问一句,你打算每月存多少?
ellen: 2000 yuan per month, maybe even more.
艾伦:一个月2000元,也许会更多。
notes
1. bank of china 中国银行
2. overdraft ['?uv?dr?ft] n. 透支
3. curb [k?:b] n. 路边;克制;v. 抑制;勒住
4. for a rainy day 以防不时之需
小贴士
the advantages of saving money
everyone must work to live their lives, but many people are fortunate enough to make more money than they immediately need. what should they do with this remaining income? it is tempting for people to spend it all on things they desire,but if you have learned to manage money matters, it is better to save at least a portion of the extra income for a rainy day.
by saving money, people give themselves more security. you cannot predict the future; perhaps one day you will lose your job. at a time like this your savings can spare you a great deal of suffering and help bridge you over. in addition,saving money allows people to lay up a larger sum with which you can buy something more valuable. for example, you may be able to buy a car with your savings. if you learn to save money, you can gain more advantages in the future.you will lead a more secure and, thus, happier life.
存钱的好处
每个人都必须工作以求生存,但是有许多人很幸运,能够赚得比他们需要的还要多的钱。人们应该如何处理这些余下的收入呢?把钱全花在自己想买的东西上是很诱人的,但是如果你学会了理财,你最好至少把一部分的额外收入存起来,以备不时之需。
通过存钱,人们能获得更多的安全感。未来是无法预测的,或许有一天你会失业。碰到诸如这样的情况,存款就可以让你免去许多痛苦,帮助你渡过难关。此外,存钱可以使人积累较多的钱,可以用于买更有价值的东西。例如,我们可以用存款买车子。如果我们学会存钱,未来可以获得更多的好处。我们将过着更有安全感而且更快乐的生活。
密码忘记怎取钱
dialogue
the dialogue is set in a bank.
对话发生在一家银行。
bank clerk: good morning, what can i do for you, sir?
银行职员:早上好,我能为您做些什么,先生?
jack: good morning, i want to withdraw 6000 yuan from this card.
杰克:早上好,我想从这张卡里取6000元。
bank clerk: may i see your bank card,please?
职员:请出示你的银行卡。
jack: here you are.
杰克:给你。
bank clerk: please input your password and then press the “confirmation” button.
职员:请输入您的密码并按确认键。
jack: oh, i am afraid that i forget my password. maybe i can have a try.
杰克:噢,恐怕我忘记密码了。也许我可以试试。
bank clerk: sorry, your password is wrong. please reenter it.
职员:对不起,您输入的密码错误,请重新输入。
jack: oh! i forget my password. what should i do?
杰克:噢,我忘记密码了。怎么办?
bank clerk: in this case, you will have to report the loss of your password and then reset the password. have you taken your id card with you?
职员:这样的话,你就得办理密码挂失,然后重置密码。你带身份证了吗?
jack: yes, i have.
杰克:是的,我带了。
bank clerk: don't worry. i will help you soon. please fill out this form first. and write down your name, your account number and your id number.
职员:不用担心,我可以帮您。请先填一下这张表格。填上您的名字、银行卡号和身份证号码。
jack: done!
杰克:填好了!
bank clerk: ok. please wait for a moment. i'll handle it soon.
职员:好的。请稍等,我马上给您办理。
notes
1. password ['pɑ:sw?:d] n. 口令,密码
2. report the loss 挂失
小贴士
1. excuse me, i forgot the password of my card.
对不起,我忘记卡的密码了。
2. you have to report loss of the magcard.
你需要办理磁卡挂失。
3. tell me the depositor's name, the account number as well as the id number.
请告诉我存款人姓名、账号及身份证号码。
4. your card has been locked. please come to the bank to renew the account in five days.
您的卡已经被锁定了,请5天内到银行办理解锁手续。
5. by the way, are you the depositor of the bank card?
顺便问一下,这张卡的存款人是您吗?
6. we'll charge you 10 yuan for your report of the loss.
我们要收取10元挂失手续费。
7. if you do forget your code, you will have to report the loss of your code.
如果您真的忘了密码,就只能办理密码挂失。
你的信用卡透支了吗
dialogue
sue is wearing a frown all morning. what happened to her?
苏整个上午都愁眉不展的,她怎么了?
jane: hey, sue. what's the matter with you?you look terribly distressed and are sighing all the morning.
简:嘿,苏。你怎么了?一上午都愁眉不展、唉声叹气的?
sue: i received the reminder note from the bank this morning. i am in the red of my credit card again.
苏:我今天早上收到了银行的催款通知单。我上个月又透支了。
jane: how much did you overdraw?
简:你透支了多少?
sue: i have already overdrawn 3000 dollars. i have to pay off the overdraft in the end of this month. how do i pay back it?
苏:透支了3000美元。我必须在月底前还清。我该怎么还啊?
jane: how did you overdraw such a large sum of money? you are always free with your money.
简:你怎么能透支那么多呢?你花钱总是大手大脚的。
sue: but now it's too late for regrets. what should i do? jane, could i ask you if you're willing to lend me some money? i promise i'll return it as soon as my salary is paid. please!
苏:现在后悔也晚了呀。怎么办?简,你能借我一些钱吗?我保证一发工资就马上还你。求你了!
jane: okay. i won't leave you in the lurch. excuse me for calling a spade a spade, you really need to learn how to curb spending your money.
简:好了。我不会弃朋友不顾的。恕我直言,你真的该学学怎样克制花钱了。
sue: i get it. i promise it won't happen again.
苏:我知道了。我保证这种事以后不会再发生了。
notes
1. reminder [ri'maind?] n. 提醒物,提示;催单
2. in the red 负债,亏欠
3. leave sb. in the lurch 弃某人于危难之中
4. call a spade a spade 实话实说,直言不讳
小贴士
1. i've never had an overdraft in my life.
我从来不透支。
2. oh, no. my credit card is overdrawn.
哦,糟了。我的信用卡透支了。
3. i took out an overdraft to pay for my new overcoat and shoes.
我透支买了件新大衣和新鞋子。
4. i am in the red this month again.
我这个月又透支了。
5. this bonus will go a long way towards paying my overdraft.
这笔奖金对还清我的透支额将大有帮助。
6. i have been given two credit cards with very high limits.
我有两张透支额很高的信用卡。
7. by the end of each month my boyfriend's account is always in the red.
每个月的月底,我男朋友的账户总是出现透支。
信用卡的种类:
credit card 信用卡
affinity card 认同卡
platinum card 白金卡
student card 学生卡
preferred card/gold card 金卡
value card 储值卡
classic card 普卡
co-branded card 联名卡
supplementary card 附属卡
debit card 转账卡
atm card 金融卡
charge card 签账卡
cash advance card 现金卡
corporate card 商务卡、公司卡
精打细算记账忙
dialogue
it's time to get off work. maggie sees julie being busy at the computer.
该下班了。麦琪看到朱莉还在电脑前忙着。
maggie: hi, julie, it's getting late. why don't you return home?
麦琪:嗨,朱莉,已经很晚了。你怎么还没回家呢?
julie: i'll leave in a minute. i'm busy with tracking my spending now.
朱莉:我过一会儿就走。现在正忙着记账呢。
maggie: what? you mean your personal spending?
麦琪:什么?你是说你的个人花费?
julie: yeah, it gives me a rough idea of my money habits as well as incentive to start changing them.
朱莉:是的,通过记账我大概知道了自己花钱的习惯和怎样改变这些不良习惯。
maggie: isn't it too troublesome? sometimes i even can't remember where my money goes on.
麦琪:那不是很麻烦吗?有时我甚至不知道钱花哪儿了。
julie: so we need an account book to keep track of every single daily expense.write down the exact number after each expenditure at once, and then you won't forget it.
朱莉:所以我们才需要一个账本记录每次的日常开销。花钱后马上记录下来就不会忘了。
maggie: how long have you kept the habit of recording the expenditure?
麦琪:你记账的习惯有多久了?
julie: about three months. i find it's very useful to give me a full-on reality check and make me know where my money goes. i'll see which the unnecessary expenditure is and then reduce waste. gradually i kickstarted my “spend less, save more” financial plan.
朱莉:大概有3个月了。我发现记账有利于对账,让我知道我的钱花在哪方面了。我会看到哪些是不必要的开支,然后减少浪费。渐渐地,我就开始了“少花钱,多节省”的理财习惯。
maggie: oh, i got it. it sounds not bad.
麦琪:哦,我知道了。这个理财习惯听起来不错。
notes
1. rough idea 大致的想法;大体的意思
2. incentive [in'sentiv] adj. 刺激的;鼓励的;n. 刺激;鼓励;动机
3. account book 账簿
4. keep track of 跟上……的进展;记录;保持和……的联系
5. full-on [ful'?n] adj. 最典型的,最强烈的
6. reality check 现状核实;提醒人面对现实的事件
7. kick-start ['kik?sta:t] v. 启动,脚踩发动;n. 起动踏板
8. financial pla 财政计划,财务计划
小贴士
you can do a better job of keeping track of your money once you find where it's going. is it hard for you to keep track of where your money is going? try online account for great graphing technology that monitors your finances. do you know what online account is? it's a written budget on the internet. it keeps you on track and gives you a visual representation of your overall financial picture. there are many websites offering such kind of services and even giving you a free credit report.
记账是个好习惯,你可以通过记账发现自己的钱花在哪些方面。你是不是觉得记账很困难呢?你可以尝试一下网上记账,它能够提供管理财务的强大制图技术。什么是网上记账?它是写在网络上的财务预算,使你能够对自身的财务状况有一个非常直观的认识。现在有很多网站都提供这样的服务,甚至还提供免费的信用报告。
繁琐的贷款
dialogue
karl wants to buy a car but his money is not enough, so he decides to ask the bank for help.
卡尔想买一辆车,但他的钱不够,所以他决定求助于银行。
bank clerk: good morning, sir. what can i do for you?
银行职员:早上好,先生。您需要办理什么业务?
karl: i want to borrow two hundred thousand yuan. does your bank have such loan plan?
卡尔:我想贷20万元。请问贵行有这类贷款计划吗?
bank clerk: oh, yes. can you tell me what would you like to use it for?
银行职员:哦,有的。能告诉我你贷款是做什么用吗?
karl: i want to buy a car to facilitate my life,but i don't have enough money.
卡尔:我想买辆车以方便生活,但是我现在还没有足够的钱。
bank clerk: i see. would you mind telling me your monthly or annual salary?
银行职员:我知道了。能告诉我您的月薪或者年薪是多少吗?
karl: my annual salary is 100 000 yuan. by the way, what about the interest rate?
卡尔:我的年薪是10万元。顺便问一下,利率是多少啊?
bank clerk: it depends how long you'll pay off the loan.
银行职员:这取决于你的还款年限。
karl: what if i choose to clear off it in 5 years?
卡尔:假如我打算5年还清呢?
bank clerk: it's 6.45 % for five-year loan. ok, sir. we'll consider supplying you a loan. please fill out this loan application first and bring the material about your income and credit rating next time.
银行职员:5年贷款利率是6.45%。好的,先生,我们会考虑贷款给您的。请先填写这份贷款申请表,下次来时请带上与您的收入和信用等级相关的材料。
karl: ok, i will. thank you.
卡尔:好的,我会的。谢谢。
bank clerk: my pleasure.
银行职员:很乐意为您效劳。
notes
1. facilitate[f?'siliteit] v. 使变得(更)容易,使便利
2. annual salary年薪
3. credit rating信用评级
小贴士
贷款程序简述:
1. acceptance 受理
2. primary auditing 初审
3. appraisal 评估
4. checkup and approval 审查审批
5. joint assessment 联合评审
6. granting loan 发放贷款